Dispensing Program – Non-Intensive Outpatient
The Sunrise medication assisted treatment (MAT) program which is the basic one most patients follow is comprised of a weekly counseling visit in addition to monthly physician visits. The individualized treatment program is followed and modified as needed as the patient progresses through treatment. Medications are dispensed in office which eliminates the need to visit the pharmacy. For those on Ohio Medicaid (CareerSource and others) the office visits, lab testing and medications are covered by their insurance eliminating any out-of-pocket expenses.
We also see patients on a fee-for-service basis. These patients follow the same protocol, but will receive a written prescription for their medications.
- Patients have buprenorphine products dispensed to them on-site.
- Dispensing patients with Ohio Medicaid may have services billed to their insurance and typically have no out of pocket fees for services.
- Additional controls are in place for patients in the dispensing program, which include:
- random medication recalls
- more frequent urine drug screening
- no less frequent than bi-weekly office visits
*Patients in this program must demonstrate upon admission appropriateness for at least one week take-home medication.